Dozens of people shopping at Dar Al Salam mall in Abu Hamour were instructed to leave the building this morning after an “isolator” connected to an advertisement apparently short-circuited and caught fire around 10am.
Speaking to Doha News, the mall manager said the fire occurred near a signboard outside of the entrance. A security guard quickly extinguished it, but the wind carried the smoke to the detector, causing a fire alarm to go off, he said.
Fire trucks that arrived on the scene left shortly after 10:30am. There were no injuries.
Police have been checking the mall to make sure it’s safe before allowing shoppers back inside, and a steady crowd of would-be shoppers has been growing over the past half hour.
Staff and shoppers began filing back into the building shortly before 11:30am.
Are you at Dar Al Salam? Thoughts?