29.2 C
Doha
Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Qatar minister urges young people to start businesses

-

Qatar is depending on the “creativity and innovation” of its youth to help the country diversify its economy and become less dependent on oil and gas, the Ministry of Economy and Commerce has said.

Speaking at the Reach Out To Asia (ROTA) forum over the weekend, Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim Al Thani said, “93 percent of our labor force is in the public sector, while the remaining 7 percent is in the private sector as entrepreneurs. We have to reverse the figures. We want the biggest number of Qataris to be entrepreneurs, exporters and businessmen and here we rely on you.”

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Related Articles

- Advertisment -

Most Read

Subscribe to Doha News below!

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.