Besides happily eating in public, there are quite a few other ways to spend the several days of Eid holidays in Doha this year.
Here are a few ideas, courtesy of the Wahyu Family in Qatar blog:
- Jungle Zone. Hyatt Plaza: Magic Shows. Juggling Shows. Acrobatic Shows. Dwarf Comedy Show. Games and Competitions. Gift Distribution. 1st and 2nd day of Eid. 6pm – 8.30pm
- Souq Waqif concert series*: A number of celebrities from the GCC and other Arab countries will perform at gala nights throughout the days of Eid al-Fitr at Souq Waqif. The events will be sponsored by Al Rayan Voice Broadcasting Station and 17 Gulf and Arab artists have been invited to host the festival. Find the full lineup here. *There has been a call by some locals to cancel the concert series due to the current conflicts in Somalia, Libya and Syria. Read more here.
- Royal Plaza: Face Painting. Balloon Giveaways. Fun-themed Balloon Shaping. Magic Show. Cartoon Characters.2nd and 3rd day of Eid. 7.30pm – 9.30pm
- Aqua Park Qatar: Salwa International Road – Abu Nakhla. Exit 29. Eid Attractions: Acrobats, Balance circus show, Midgets wrestling, stilt walkers, puppet show, magic and UMD games, Tanoura, Horse Dancers, Chinese Kitchen. Open Daily: 10am-10pm
- Show Time Eid Extravaganza. Live Daily from Circus Land & Gondolania. Unbelievable Unicycle Display. Amazing Juggling Act. Fabulous Face Painting. Crazy Clown Show. Phenomenal Puppet Performance. The Dynamic ‘Dance with Kids’. Awesome Animation. Competition Games. See timings here.
And another idea, courtesy of the Tweetosphere:
- Katara Cultural Village fireworks & lights show. Aug. 31 – Sept. 2, 8:30pm
How will you guys spend your days off? Feel free to add your suggestions! Have a great week y’all!